This Artero nail clipper is specially designed for cutting the nails of small breed dogs, puppies or cats.
– It is made with top quality materials. The stainless steel in the scissors provides great durability, it also has organic bamboo in the handle for greater ergonomics.
– With approximate measurements of 7 x 11 cm .
– Its handle has thimbles and finger support for greater control during nail cutting.
– It has a shape similar to scissors , with 1 cm curved blades to cut small nails.
– With a recyclable cardboard packaging.
The following use of this nail clipper for cats and dogs is recommended:
Step 1 : Isolate the dog’s or cat’s nail by separating the hair. For dogs with light nails, identify the nerve and blood vessels in the dog’s nail. This is not visible on dogs with black nails, so care must be taken when cutting, so a small amount of material must be removed each time.
Step 2: Cut only the tip of the nail in a straight line. Then release the dog’s limb and give it a treat. If the plate is still too long, make another small cut and then give it another treat.
Step 3: Continue cutting the nails in an orderly and careful way, so as not to hurt the dog or cat. It’s best to go slowly through the process, especially when cutting them for the first time.
Step 4: Do not forget to trim the thumbnail, usually found on the front legs. It can also be present on the hind legs of some dogs. It doesn’t touch the ground, so it’s probably longer and thicker than the rest.